1. Does Indonesia have a sanctions regime in place?
2. Does Indonesia implement UN sanctions?
3. Does Indonesia implement an autonomous sanctions regime?
4. What is the nature of the sanctions regime in Indonesia?
Indonesia is developing laws relating to sanctions. There is no comprehensive control list for strategic items and no control list for dual-use items. There are domestic laws in place relating to the control of import/export of certain strategic items.
5. Does Indonesia maintain a list of sanctioned individuals and entities?
6. Are there any other lists related to sanctions?
7. Does Indonesia have a licensing or authorization system in place?
Yes. This system is, however, only a domestic licensing and authorization system.
8. What are the consequences for a breach of sanctions in Indonesia?
There are no penalties as Indonesia’s strategic trade management system is still a work in progress.
9. Who are the relevant regulators in Indonesia and what are their contact details?
The Ministry of Trade of the Republic of Indonesia
Jl. M. I. Ridwan Rais No. 5 Jakarta Pusat 10110. T: (+21) 2352 8601, (+21) 385 8171
The regulators in Indonesia for sanctions are the Ministry of Trade and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia
Jl. Pejambon No.6. Jakarta Pusat, 10110. T: (+021) 344 1508
Contributor law firm
Adnan Kelana Haryanto & Hermanto,
The Convergence Indonesia, Level 19
Jl. HR Rasuna Said
Jakarta 12940, Indonesia
Explore other countries
© Eversheds Sutherland 2021. All rights reserved. Eversheds Sutherland is a global provider of legal and other services operating through various separate and distinct legal entities. Eversheds Sutherland is the name and brand under which the members of Eversheds Sutherland Limited (Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP and Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP) and their respective controlled, managed and affiliated firms and the members of Eversheds Sutherland (Europe) Limited (each an "Eversheds Sutherland Entity" and together the "Eversheds Sutherland Entities") provide legal or other services to clients around the world. Eversheds Sutherland Entities are constituted and regulated in accordance with relevant local regulatory and legal requirements and operate in accordance with their locally registered names. The use of the name Eversheds Sutherland, is for description purposes only and does not imply that the Eversheds Sutherland Entities are in a partnership or are part of a global LLP. The responsibility for the provision of services to the client is defined in the terms of engagement between the instructed firm and the client.
Share this page